RSS

Saturday, June 19, 2010

The search!

So today I was just roaming the Starlust sims and landed at a store, which I can't quite remember the name of, that sold roller blades, skateboards, and even a pogo stick, and it made me want to get a bike to ride. Yknow, those cool wearable ones. But you know me, I didn't want to pay like 5000L (no lie) for a bike or motorcycle or something. I mean, sure, they might be worth it if you use them enough and they're great quality, but honestly, I probably won't use the bike but a few times. At this particular store, the items were actually very reasonably priced, but I wasn't really diggin' the styles.

So the search was on!
I first took my quest to XstreetSL and browsed the free/cheap ground vehicles. Not much luck. I tested out a few things:

I call it "Collage of Fail". On the left, we have what was supposed to be a wearable moped, but...yeah... On the right, it may look normal at first glance, but I had to adjust my avatar Z positioning (i.e. lifted off ground) with Emerald Viewer up like .9 points! The bike was obviously made for a very tall avi. And finally, my personal favorite, the tiny skateboard. I guess I should have known that when it said "tiny skateboard" it actually meant it was for tiny avatars...thus, it squashed my already-short avi into a little box. Classic.
Oh and by the way, the designers are not full of fail because they worked hard on the items, so kudos to you! I'm just sorry I couldn't sport them in a erm, more flattering way. :>

BUT JUST WHEN I WAS ABOUT TO GIVE UP....THE SEARCH WAS CONCLUDED!

..err, wait. No. Just kidding. The problem with not speaking Japanese is that when you assume something that sort of looks like "#^($%()$%" means "wear" or "ding ding ding! we have a winner! this is what you've been looking for, Verona!"

Nope. I just can't catch a break.
I went with the unicycle, but...well...

Not wearable ;( I mean, it's still a neato unicycle (besides the odd huffing noise it makes when you're on it - not to mention the erm, interesting pose >_>) to use when at home or on build-ok land.

Ah well. I spent nearly 100L on stuff that went straight to my trash folder, but that's alright. At least I got a semi-entertaining blog post out of it, right?

I guess I'll just stick to an oldie, but a goodie: my favorite, the Catnip wearable balance ball with animations and facial expressions.



I got a little carried away with the Picnik stickers, sue me xP

So, I never did find a suitable bike/skateboard/roller blade/random wearable mobile, but oh well. The search continues!


Have a good night everyone! I'm off to shower now. Make sure you tell your fathers or father-figures Happy Father's Day tomorrow :>

0 comments: