RSS

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Oh and another one

Just for the heck of it! I'm going to tell all you lovely readers *cough* about the new Emerald beta release and NOT the "what's to come" for SL Viewer 3.



New Features!
  • Advanced radar HUD options: Now you can simply click to the Options tab on the Radar menu and it will allow you to set it to alert you when someone enters the sim, draw distance, and/or chat range. You can also do some age notification, but I haven't explored that...so!
  • Built-in AO. This is probably my FAVORITE feature so far. No more pesky Zhao HUDs. All you need to do is place all the poses you want in the AO in the folder labeled "#Emerald" and then write up a little notecard that tells which poses go into which category - if you need help with this, just IM me in-world, but I don't really feel like explaining the formatting here. If you've used a Zhao II HUD before, you have already prepared said NC and you can simply drag it to the Client-side AO menu in Emerald and viola!
  • Announces streaming music artist/song name to chat. When you're listening to a stream and you're like "wait, I like this song! What's it called?!" Just check your chat history. When the song comes on (or when you hit 'Play'), it tells you the info.
  • Group titles menu. This is a nifty feature too! In the Group tab under Communicate, there is a button labeled "Titles" which lists EVERY title you have from all your groups. Instead of having to sift through all your rental, home, store, and personal groups to find the tag you're looking for, simply click the Titles button and it will display the role name, the actual title and the group that the title belongs to. Like I said, really nifty especially for those that are a part of a lot of business groups
Improved Stability
...At least I think so. XD

Glitches
  • Body/Skin textures continually disappear. Hopefully this will be fixed in the official release.

Anddd yeah, that wasn't quite as thorough as I thought it might be. Maybe I'll think of more things to add as I discover/remember them. But for now, that's all I've got for ya! You can download and test out the new beta here.


OH AND! Just so you know, if my blog looks screwy, mainly the header, it's not me...it's Blogger's lovely new Template Designer. -.-;

0 comments: