RSS

Monday, June 14, 2010

BBBC Nummer Zwei

Oooh, kickin' in some old german right there! >_>

Anyway..today's Big Bad Blogger Challenge topic is to either:
SL: Name three positive things going on in your Second Life
RL: Name three positive things going on in your life.

But being the over achiever that I am *cough*, I decided I'm going to pick three things from BOTH lives to write about. Three POSITIVE things. This might be tough...

Alright so...Second Life. This one might actually be tougher for me than real life. I guess that's probably a good thing to have more going on OUTSIDE my internet hobbies XP

1) A managerial position to keep me occupied - I'm grateful that Themi's new store has been keeping me busy and I finally have a "purpose" in SL. I know, that sounds pathetic, but I look at everyone else and they're all designing clothing or houses or scripting or whatever. I just never felt like I was really contributing to anything except to the designer's wallets.

(I've already gotten stumped :< )

2) Positive things going on my SLife....Hum. Well, my avi looks pretty neato if I do say so myself :) I take pride in my petite stature (5'2) - Though this isn't really something "going on", it's something positive...right..?

3) (This was originally part of #1, but I decided to give it its own bullet) Great friends - this is pretty much a given for anyone, I know, but I'm really thankful that I've reconnected with some old friends. It's a bummer that there are still some I haven't spoken to in a long time and of course there are those who just never come online anymore, but I understand, everyone's gotta live their lives. RL always comes before SL, of course.



Now on to RL:

1) This has been "my year", at least, that's what I keep telling myself. I didn't make a new year's resolution in January, but this seems to be the most productive year for me. I've been working out more and eating healthy, granted, I've always been petite, but I actually feel healthy now.

2) Pursuing a degree - even though I dread it most of the time, I'm still thankful that I am able to go to college. I'm working on my Sociology degree and so far, it's going great. I have a 4.0 GPA and I made the President's List this past semester (booyah!). I'm proud of my success thus far :3

3) Volunteering. I recently signed up to become a volunteer at the local SPCA and I'm getting involved in other community service. It just feels good to help others.

I guess my 3 RL points all sort of go together with "this has been my year". I've just been occupying myself with feel-good hobbies and trying to be healthier and stress-free. I would have put "finding myself" as one of my RL bullets, but I can't say I truly have yet, but this year has definitely been a jump forward to that.


So I guess I got a little more rant-y than I thought I would, but ah, who cares. 'Least it was positive, right?'


Oh, PS: that unexplained photobreak was meant to go with bullet #1 in my SL list - the wings I'm wearing are from Favole, the store I mentioned, and come in 12 different colors. I can't stop wearing them, I don't care if I don't match, they just look so darn cool :>
Go buy the Leviathan wings at the Favole Mainstore !

0 comments: