RSS

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

.09 - Adventure Blogging!

Today is the start of my newfound goal; I call it: Adventure Blogging. The reason I started this blog wasn't to ramble on about nothing constantly or talk about fashion like the nine hundred other blogs that already do that (sure, I'm still gonna sneak some of both of the aforementioned things in though from time to time); the reason was so I could share stories about my exploration of Second Life. That's mainly what I do now when I log on: explore. So, I'm going to try as hard as I can to bring you all (whoever is out there..reading this...o.o) a new post everyday with a new location that I've explored. If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to leave a comment on this post or send me an in-world IM! I love it when people send me LMs to cool places so really, please do!

Anyway, today, because my Emerald viewer wouldn't load any of the Showcase and I was completely stumped for ideas, I sought out the help of secondlife.com for cool places to explore. The first place I stumbled upon was a sim called Morill. It's a "Virtual State Fair". The reason I was drawn to this was because not only did I love me a state/county fair when I was a wee child, but because when I first came to SL I found this amusement park which entertained me and my newfound friends for hours. Ah...those were the days. XP
So let's get right to a picture break - first up, Skeeball! I love the Mime pose set (I used one of them in this photo) by Del May - I swear I can use that set in just about ANY situation and it will work on some level...and of course make me laugh.


Next up: the obligatory Ferris Wheel! (Not to be confused with my favorite movie, FERRIS BUELLER'S DAY OFF! :P) I actually can't tell where I am in the photo, but I think when I snapped it I was around that area...who knows.


And of course, the livestock part of the fair is a child's favorite. Here we have some goats - apparently I found them funny 'cause I'm pointing and laughing at them. Or maybe I'm just pointing and saying "Awww!" Again, who knows.

And last, but not least, this particular fair had several educational areas which I found kind of neat if you're into the whole educational part of SL - I have to admit, I wasn't really there to learn all about the life cycle of a Japanese Beetle or how to properly care for your turf grass, but if that's you're thing...well, this fair has all the info you need!
Anyway, I did however snap a picture of the nutrition area they had. My new year's resolution for 2010 was to create a healthier, happier me in RL (and I guess SL?). I've never been much of a red-meat eater but now I've completely cut that out and I'm all about the fruit and veggies this year. Exercise used to be painfully boring and tiring for me, but now I enjoy it and use that time to wind down my day and get some energy out.
So, here's a snapshot of me sporting the Vanna White pose, showing off the new (I guess it's not so new anymore since it's been at least five years or so since it changed) Food Pyramid. Everything in moderation, baby!


Gosh! That was a long blog post. Sorry about that. I'll try and have more interesting places next time, but I just had fun going through this sim 'cause there was just so much to look at.

Maybe I'll do a post featuring AM Radio's different exhibits sometime soon - those are some of my favorite sims to visit.

Until next time, I bid you adieu!

Oh, P.S. here's the SLURLS and details for the photos and such.
- Morill - Virtual State Fair
- All poses by Del May (Mime set previously a group gift from Ugly Duck)
- Tank top and blouse with bow by ~Willow~
- Hair by Miel (Current Miel Subscribo gift for those who didn't snag it at The Deck)
- Elf Ears by Scribble
- Frickin' snazzy prim feet sandals by Skifija (the color matching HUD on these is wonderful, perfect match every time. They're on sale right now for only 99L! P.S. did I mention they're color changeable - 116 color options)


0 comments: