RSS

Friday, July 2, 2010

Show me yo' Interface!

Wow, that was a lame title. Anyway, today I was sorting through my inventory as I do about once a week now and I thought I'd blog about it. SO interesting, I know!
I try to delete everything I don't need (landmarks, notecards, ads) first and then file everything away in their respective folders. You see, at the beginning of this year, I decided I needed to get organized. My inventory was busting out of its seams like muffin-top tummy over jeans that are too tight (I don't know where that came from, but I felt an analogy was needed there...yeah. I am happy, however, to say that I do not possess said muffin top. /end cockiness). It took me a while, but I eventually got it narrowed down to everything I use pretty regularly or thought I might use later on. It's a bummer sometimes to think of some totally random object that I used to have and realize that I deleted it in the cleanup D; But for the most part, I enjoy my folders, sub-folders, sub-sub-folders...you get the idea.
So tell me, do you (there aren't many readers here so I'm not sure who I'm posing this question to) sort your inventory? If so, what sort of headings do you use?

Here's mine before finishing up the weekly sort (there are more folders below the cutoff, oops):


You'll have to click the image to see it larger so that you can actually read the titles (and I apologize for the quality, I don't know how to take an interface snapshot and have it turn out clear), but then again...I shouldn't advise that because my headings are kind of sloppy and odd. When I first sorted everything, I had a habit of CAPS APPARENTLY and repeating the titles (i.e. "TIGERCLAW TIGERCLAW" or "TATTOOS TATTOOS TATTOOS"). I guess I thought it would make the folders stand out more while I was sorting initially, but I think it's time for a re-organization, or at least re-titling of folders.

I do however, like my skin folder which has subfolders that include titles like: "Feeling Pretty (normal skins)", "Tan/darker than I prefer", "Decent Skins/Gifts I don't really use", "Goth, Very Pale tones/Geisha/Drow", "Halloween/Creepy Skins/Costume/Winter Skins"(LOL), and Ugly Duck has it's own folder because Fade Lei's skins and gifts stand alone in interesting uniqueness. It's kind of stupid that I have a folder of "gifts I don't really use" - if I don't use it, why do I have it? Guess I'll have to sort through those and see what the deal is there.
I feel like I need to explain a couple of other folders as well LOL. "Favole Themis Enzo Themy" cracks me up. I made this when Themi first started creating and because she names most of her items after really cool, but really hard to spell mythical things, I could never find any of her items when I searched. Thus, I added "Themis" or "Themi" to the end of the product names so I could find them. Then I got smart and just made a folder for her things, but never got around to changing the name lol.
"The Office Dwight Schrute Stuff" was from when I first joined SL, per the episode of The Office where Dwight signs up for a SecondLife account. I just couldn't bring myself to delete the items I suppose.
All the folders you see that have "everything" attached at the end just means that I had so many items from said stores, I didn't feel like sorting them and put them in their own folders. And don't be fooled by the order of the folders, I just started cranking out categories and numbering them as I went.


This post is turning out to be longer than expected. Maybe I'll just end it here.

0 comments: