RSS

Friday, June 4, 2010

Porcelain

I finally gave in...on two accounts actually. Let's break it down:
  1. I bought Lindens. I know, you're all thinking - wtf? How do you play SL for two years and never buy one single $L? Well, I was trying to resist because I knew that as soon as I did, I would go spend it all in an instant and then be itching to buy more and the cycle would go on til my credit card bill was through the roof. But as I said, today I gave in. I didn't buy much, just got my toes wet. It was enough to get my avi a new skin. It was unfortunate that the &bean mainstore was down because I was gonna go have a shopping spree there pretty soon, but that will just have to be my next splurge. Anyway, I went skin hunting for several hours. I don't know how everyone can change their skins so often and to all different shades and makeups and such. It takes me DAYS to decide what looks best. If I only try the demo on once or twice and never come back to it, I delete it. To come to a final product, I try on my narrowed-down choices at least twenty times a piece. I examine the bodies, the options (i.e. freckles, cleavage..though I never use it, and the lady parts because even in SL you need to have a nice yknow XD), I look up the skins on other blogs to see how they look on others, and of course price is a factor. SO! After that massive wall of text, let me just get right down to the result of my skin hunting...which brings us to number two...
  2. I bought a Curio skin. When I first came to SL, I admired them from afar in ads and on all those fabulous fashionistas *cough*, but never got around to buying one. I know, I'm pretty late to jump on the bandwagon, but everyone else is raving about the new League skins and the new Tuli (which, don't get me wrong, are fab, but not for me)

So - it was an exciting day for me. Now I can watch my savings dwindle away as I'm sure I've unleashed a shopping beast.

I do have a picture for you all though! One of the light and airy variation again - sorry! My new Curio skin makes me feel like all those porcelain (hence the title) skinned ladies with the platinum blonde hair. Something about the ice queen look just makes me all giddy. Think...September, Laura Harris, etc. The Exile Sadie hair in frost tops off the look.
Anyway, here it is. I also combined a shot I snagged earlier when SL was being a jerk...taking my torso and face away >:O

"It's not bitchin' when you're glitchin'!" ..................I need sleep. XD
SL has been giving me some pretty weird glitches lately and I have managed to capture a few of them lately in photograph. Sometimes random parts of my body will just disappear. It's creepy.

Anyway, I think that's about it for tonight. I've had some pretty busy nights over at Favole with Themi as she gets more and more exposure (look out SLWorld, here it comes!) and more and more traffic!
And now I need to hit the sack because I have a very early wake up call x_x

Goodnight!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Credits: (use Search tonight, everyone...I'll post SLURLs tomorrow, I'm too tired)

Skin: Curio - Moonbeam [Dark] Sunny-Parasol Frex
Hair: Exile - Sadie frost (previous hunt gift)
Top: GField - Floral Halter Top (subscribo gift)
Sandals: Skifja - Secrets of Isis
Horns: Illusions - Aries
Headband: Tarnished - Lovely Bones

0 comments: